Friday, September 08, 2006

Geleng kepala

I had a dinner with a few alumni over the weekend. It was just a get together after such a long time we did't see each other. During the dinner, one of the alumni complained to us that how the director screwed up everything. He be tahan ( cannot stand) the way the director worked. His criticism was nothing but harsh. He said even went to the extend of saying the director was nothing but only syok sendiri.
Being a committee member of the organisation, I of course listened interestingly. Throughout my years as committee member, this was the first time I heard someone complaining about him, though I personally disliked the way he does things.
Today after reading the organisation newsletter, I really rolled my eyes and I remembered each and every words uttered by the alumni. I really could see his point.
Though I have many disagreement with him, for the sake of the organisation and out of respect for the president, I never quarrel or publicly disagreed with the way he does thing. He tried to ousted me and my comrades from the committee. We were the old timer. We fight for the survival of our organisation with the HQ. We did not ask for the post, neither do we beg for the post.
I personally appealed to the HQ for a supporting staff like a director to run the organisation. Never did I know that the director we have is more like a stooge to the HQ than helping to present our case to the HQ. Rather than facillating, he make things nearly impossible.
The alumni asked me to out manouvre him by proving that we can manage to get things done without him. He said I should have finish him off by sending him packing and eating a humble pie.
But I pity this man. I know how hard he has tried and he's been working hard. But sometimes, I think working hard is just not enough. Being the excutive who runs the organisation and students who look up at him for guidance and basically a leader, expectations on him to run the organisation are high. Working hard but no vision is useless. I doubt he knows what he does. He has that wrong sort of pride. Something bordering bodoh sombong.
I think it's best for him to quit before more ppl get pissed off with him. It's better to quit graciously than to be ousted by ppl.
As for me, I geleng (shake) my head each time I hear him talk.
And yes, my words are less harsh than when I critised Little Horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home