Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sigh ....

Another busy week is about to pass and February is setting in. How time flies. My mind was pretty occupied with so many things. Let me backtrack a few days earlier. We had the first Lymphedema Therapy Certification Course going on for the past week and will end on this coming Saturday. The dinner talk held on last Saturday when rather well. I am looking forward to this Saturday where the course will end then.

Two days earlier, my friend uttered an interesting statement about the value of knowledge degrading after time but he retracted back quickly as soon as I opened my mouth about to ask why is so. There is the current belief that knowledge is advancing so rapidly that one simply gets outmoded very easily. Surely this idea is much supported in areas of technology and geopolitics where things just change so fast. But to me, there is always a fundamental core part of knowledge that remains unchanged or slowly changing. If emphasis is done there, we will be less prone to be outdated.I can’t help mentioning some of the management tools that we adopt today. They are essentially techniques and can only be subservient to the problem and not the other way round. I recalled at one time how some self-help books are focused on external and artificially created image projections and relationships that one can’t help feeling hypocritical to some of the approaches.

That’s how I spend my first month of January. I am certainly looking forward for a much needed rest during Chinese New Year. Ahh …. That’s life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home