Theoritical Studies Lab
I felt sad when I read this. Although I was never a member of that laboratory, I always hope that this lab will jump start the enthuatism among undergrads to venture into theoritical studies. But due to whatever reason, this effort seems like climbing a steep mountain.
Sigh. Maybe this is not really an 'in' thing or I would dare to say that students tend to find a easy way out. During my days as undergrad, I encountered difficulty in getting my fellow course mates to take up special relativity subject. No one were willing to take this subject because simply it would be a suicidal thing to do. I bet if Quantum Mechanics was not make compulsory, Dr. Hisham would have shake his leg. And I find it is increasing hard to engaged a serius talk on this subject with any physics graduate.
To me, theoritical studies are important. Be it physics, biology, mathemathics or chemistry, all technologies has it root in theoritical study. And Malaysian are not fond of doing theoritical studies. As any SPM students, their ambitions will be scientist (without knowing what it is), engineer, doctor, dentist, accountant, auditor or etc. It was never a theoritical scientist. They were not keen to further their studies in physics, chemistry or biology. Never the fundamental science. Hence, we are doom to be users of used technology. We will never create any technology.
Sad but truth.
I wish all the best to the new TSL and I am always be right by their side.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home